Free Money for Bills and Expenses
Over 12 million people in the United States are facing the challenges of unemployment which includes students, single mothers, disabled and veterans.
Free Money for Bills and Expenses
But the daily demands of life remain ever escalating and hence, it often becomes a struggling matter for these low or no income group to cope. The Federal Government of United States, however, understands the scenario and it has introduced a series of financial aids in the form of grants.
Free grant money to pay bills.
Paying bills on a regular basis is one such domain where these economically backward people need a consistent support. To meet these liabilities on time and to avoid untimely barring of services, US Government disburses these grants through various nonprofits, recognizes organizations, local and state authorities and other community action agencies. The eligible citizens can always apply for free money for bills and continue with their regular lives.
There are multiple programs and grants to pay bills have been initiated. If you are looking for such aid, then visit the official website https://www.usa.gov/help-with-bills and know more about these grants. But let us discuss some of the important programs which have become popular.
Help to Pay Telephone Bills
Telephone is of utmost necessity in today’s life and without it the mode of communication seems to be a difficult task. The low income groups are often hindered with limited funds to pay the bill on time. To avoid disconnection, the Federal Communications Commission’s Universal Service Funds has introduced a benefit program, called Lifeline.
This program helps you in getting landlines and wireless at a discounted rates and is meant for people with a certain income level. Besides, there are local telephone companies who often come up with various discount plans, offers or vouchers which help in reducing the telephone bills at the end of the month.
If you still think that having a telephone would be expensive for you, then you can opt for cell phone to contact 911 in case of any emergency. For getting cell phone at a much cheaper rate, contact your state social service agency. They will help you to find emergency cell phone donation program.
Help to Pay Home Energy Bills
Home Energy or Utility Bills are indeed an area of major concern for the financially crunch families, individuals or unemployed. If you need help to pay off your home energy costs, take help from Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). This program helps in keeping the families safe through initiatives that lower their energy bills and gives them a secured place to survive. This is a federally funded assistance program that helps in managing costs pertaining to:
- Home energy bills
- Energy crises
- Weatherization and energy-related minor home repairs.
If you want to apply for LIHEAP, contact your local agency. For more help on LIHEAP, contact National Energy Assistance Referral (NEAR) .
Help with Medical Bills
Medical expense is a major concern when it comes to the question of health of children, disabled and senior citizens. Due to limited funds, dearth of savings, no medical insurance and unemployment, it is often a glaring hindrance for the mass. If you cannot afford medical care or prescription drugs, there are series of state and federal programs that will help you to sail through:
- gov: helps you with medical insurance, compare care, extensive lessons on prevention and understanding the Affordable Care Act
- State Human/ Social Service Agency: offers direct medical support and referrals to other organizations
- State Medicaid: offers help with the medi-claim and insurance to the low and very low income families and individuals
- Local Department of Veterans Affairs: takes care of the health and medicinal need of the senior citizens
- State Children Health Insurance Program (SCHIP): help in getting insurance for the children of working families who cannot afford health insurance or do not get it through their work
- Local Social Security Administration (SSA): helps those who are on Social Security and Medicare
- gov: this is mainly intended for the people with some kind of physical disability and cannot afford their own medical expenses. This provides comprehensive information and resources for the disabled
- Charity Care Programs: helps uninsured patients who fail to qualify government aid program. Local hospitals can help you find such recognized and affiliated charitable trust who are there to extend you the right help
- Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA): one is guaranteed to have an access to emergency medical situation and evaluation.
Besides, there is Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) which is a federal program that disburses money to state authorities to provide short-term financial and supportive assistance to low-income families with children under 18 years old. Recipients may qualify for help with food, housing, home energy, child care, job training, and more.
- Free Money for Bills and Expenses for Single Mothers.